Photographer-artist Steve Simonsen’s aerial view of St John’s north shore
St John and the US Virgin Islands tops the ‘Top Destinations lists for 2012’ by Conde Neste Traveller and Lonely Planet and we hope it is on your list as well.
- Fabulously beautiful views – No matter where you look, whether above water or below, the views are spectacular. With our mountainous terrains and turquoise waters the vistas are truly spectacular.
- Silky soft sandy beaches – With well over 30 beaches to choose from your choices are virtually endless.
- Family and kid friendly island – Whether you are introducing young children to swimming and snorkeling or wanting to have a quality family time St John is for you. The waters are virtually free of undertow and even the smallest ones can stand at the water’s edge and see fish swim by their feet. Restaurants are extremely casual and most welcome kids.
- We take great pride that our villa, Great Expectations, also makes the ‘Trip Advisor’s Top 10’ list of over 400 villas.
Villa Hot Tub and Pool patio overlooking Chocolate Hole harbor
February News flashes and fun St John clips
- St John 2nd Annual Arts Festival – is a great time to experience the best of St John’s culture. From music of steel bands & gospel music to viewing original films from traditional narrative-type documentaries to abstract works dealing with images and sound. The first VIP Mini Film Festival, held in 2010, included videos ranging from funny home movies to professional animation and award-winning videos by international artists. This year’s Fest happening February 18 – 20 will be even more diverse.
- 10th Annual Love City Vow Renewals – Valentine’s Day February 14 is a very special day worldwide but on St John we kick it up a notch with a wonderful event hosted at Trunk Bay. Whether people are celebrating their first day of marriage or their 50th year, rain or shine, love is in the air.
- 8 Tuff Mile Race – This February 25 marks the ‘Sweet 16th’ year of this aptly named race. Whether you are a runner, walker, or cheerleader this is a fun day showcasing the rugged beauty of St John.
- Movie night at Great Expectations – Our newly renovated Great Room now features a fabulous 12 foot recycled-glass-top counter (designed and made by the same artisans who make the beautiful recycled glassworks at Maho Bay Glass Studio), a 60 inch Sharp High Definition LED TV, and for your movie snacks, we have added a 48″ Sub-Zero stainless-steel refrigerator and a Scotsman automatic ice-maker.
Enough good reasons to plan a trip to St John? We hope so! Come to St John – and Great Expectations – to experience the magic for yourself.
Chuck & Kristin
owners of Great Expectations
P.S. Check out our availability and discounts including our Last Minute 20% Off Travel Special for March 17 to 24 which is yours now for the asking, a week ahead of when it would usually become available!
Follow us on Facebook for news about Great Expectations specials & St John activities