Winter Has Arrived — St John Awaits!
Photographer Steve Simonsen captured a fabulous shot of Maho Bay
All that is missing is you!
If you are tired of winter already, think about starting 2014 off by planning a trip to St John. Whether it is for this winter or spring, or not until the summer, or even 2015, if you know you have a trip in your ‘bucket’, it will make the cold, dark days of this winter a bit warmer and brighter! Promise!
We could not help but chuckle when we saw the following headline in the New York Times on January 1st. We take it that it is a clear sign for you to plan a trip to St John and Great Expectations this year! Make it happen by contacting us directly today:
January St John news flashes & fun St John clips:
- St Johnians cannot be kept down, or in this cased, closed! This past week Cafe Roma opened after having been closed for 9 months due to a devastating fire. They have the same great menu and many of the same staff along with brand new equipment and furnishings.
- The Marketplace has a new restaurant and some great west indian cuisine. Etta’s is serving up authentic island dishes, including Kalaloo, Goat Water, Dove Pork (which we understand is mouth watering good!), Fried Chicken, Red Snapper, and Conch. All at reasonable prices.
- January is a month of new beginnings and, of course, parties. This year is no exception. The St John Animal Care Center’s (SJACC) Winter Gala will be held this year at our neighbor’s magnificent Chocolate Hole home of JoAnn and Glen Hall. This is always a fun event and is an important fundraiser for one of St John’s most important non-profit organizations. While not a ‘January’ happening, we want to spread the word about the February 1st Friends of Virgin Islands National Park’ Winter Gala which will be held at the fabulous Peter Bay Villa Presidio Del Mar. There will be gourmet food and wines, music to dance under the stars, and silent auctions and raffles.
- More of St John is now ‘forever’ protected thanks to The Trust for Public Landwhich secured the magnificent 225-acre beach and hillside above Maho Bay. What a wonderfully enduring gift this is for all of us who enjoy St John.
- Speaking of wonderful beaches, Islands Magazine named St John’s Trunk Bay beach as the ‘Best Beach in the Caribbean’ in its 2013 year-end issue.
Kristin & Chuck
owners of Great Expectations