Enjoy Summer? Plan your Trip to St John this Winter!
The Warm Waters of St John will be waiting for you
We are actively planning our winter and spring seasons and Great Expectations is already getting pretty booked so the time is now if you don’t want to be left out in the cold next winter! We have a couple of weeks currently available in mid-January, about 10 days in March, and a couple of weeks in April.
June St John news flashes & fun St John clips:
- $300 in savings! Yes, reserve your trip during the month of May at Great Expectations and not only do you get a wonderful villa at a great value, but because we are partnering with the US Virgin Island’s Tourism Department you will be eligible for $200 worth of dining certificates and $100 certificates for St John (or St Thomas) shopping. Travel has to be completed by October 31, 2015.
- Great Expectations has partnered with Aqua Blu Car Rental to provide our guests rental cars at a great value
(read for that — at a discount!). This multi-generational family owned firm has a wonderful reputation for providing great service. They also provide taxi service so why think about driving to or home from dinner when you can arrange to have your own driver! Check them out and we think you will be pleased.
- If you have wandered around St John before you inevitably have ‘met’ some of the wild donkeys that roam our lands (and roads). As you can imagine, as with any type of creature, they often need help whether it is a broken bone or nutrition. Recently it has been unusually dry and the need has been as simple as getting them water. If you want to help our donkeys please consider sending a contribution to the St John Animal Care Center (and earmark your contribution to the ‘donkey fund’), or to Diana Bartlett of Carolina Corrals who volunteers her time to rescue and feed donkeys. She is in desperate need of a truck and has established a Go Fund Me site to help raise money for the truck.
- Speaking of donkeys, Carolina Corrals will soon be offer St John riding lessons. Diana Bartlett has been working hard to build a 60′ x 120′ riding arena where she will offer horse — and donkey — riding lessons. This should provide fun for children as well as adults.
- If you are looking for an off-beat thing to do while on St John, think about heading out to Salt Pond in Coral Bay to harvest some sea salt. Yes, people are actually doing just that on St John these days and using it on their food and it tastes just like…salt! This is not an every day occurrence since the waters need to be low in order for the extra salt to accumulate along the shoreline so take advantage of this phenomenon until the rains come and replenish our waters.
- Check our availability calendar and contact us today to secure your reservation! We will be happy to work with you to, as best we can, accommodate your needs. Our goal, always, is to meet or ideally, exceed your expectations!