St John Offers Amazing Sunset Views
The Sun and Clouds Melt into the Pool at Great Expectations
It is often said that “a picture is worth a thousand words” and that could not be more true when talking about St John’s vistas. No one captures them better than the award winning St John photographer Steve Simonsen. This past week Steve and his wife and partner Janet Simonsen spent several hours at Great Expectations capturing some of our views and taking photographs of the Villa. We will soon be adding these photos to our website, however, we thought you might enjoy seeing a couple of his photos.
We understand that all 50 states experienced freezing temperatures this week (and the Buffalo area a record 7′ of snow) so we hope that these pictures warm you and motivate you to contact us today to reserve your spot (on your lounge chair) in the sun.
Come join us as we Watch the Sun Set
November St John news flashes & fun St John clips:
- Friends of the Virgin Islands National Park’s 6th Annual On-Line Auction opened on November 15 and will be available for bidding until December 7 at 9 PM. There are over 70 items including great meals, artwork, boat trips, and lots of other great items to bid on all while supporting one of St John’s great organizations.
- St John Tradewinds reports that the newly opened North Shore Deli (in same spot as the very popular Deli Grotto) is serving up some mighty fine looking and tasting sandwiches including mouth-watering slow roasted meats, vegan and healthy options are also on the menu as are the old time favorite homemade breads and coconut bars (so yummy they are called ‘crack bars’).
- The 8-Tuff Miles Race has now partnered with the St John Cancer Fund and it has morphed into the 8-Tuff Miles Festival Week starting on February 21 with an all night ‘Light Up the Night’ family event followed the next weekend with a Pasta in the Park feast at Cruz Bay Landing on the eve of the race which is scheduled for 7:15 AM February 28. Join in to celebrate all who walked or ran at the awards ceremony at 5:30 PM at Mongoose Junction. The Festival Week will be capped off on March 1st at the Oppenheimer Recovery Party. Proceeds from the Festival will support the St John Cancer Fund.
- Getting ready to reopen is Joe’s RumHut at Wharfside. More seating and an expanded menu will make this spot even more popular this winter.
- Joe’s Diner has closed and will be reopened this winter. The new incarnation will be The Longboard. The owners describe their menu offerings as “coastal cantina” which is best described as Caribbean meets SoCal. According to the owners, they will offer ‘affordable’ craft drinks and a fresh, healthy and affordable menu and lots of open seating along the street for great people watching.
- Lets talk turkey! As you gather together with your family and friends this holiday season it is a great time to start planning your next trip to St John. Since Great Expectations is completely booked this winter it is never too early to plan your next trip. Check our availability calendar and contact us today to secure your reservation! We will be happy to work with you to, as best we can, accommodate your needs. Our goal, always, is to meet or ideally, exceed your expectations.