TSA pre-check is a wonderful process. At most US airports that have it if you are TSA Pre-Check certified you get to:
- go in a dedicated line which is usually much, much shorter than the regular line or often even the first-class line.
- not have to take off your jacket
- not have to take off your belt
- not have to take out your computer(s)
- not have to take off your shoes
Well, the good news is that the St Thomas airport now has Pre-Check (they have had it for a while now) AND Jet Blue finally also signed on to Pre-Check which is now available at the St Thomas airport.
That is the good news. The bad news is that because there is only one line (no first class, no Pre-Check) everyone gets to go in the one line and since there is not a separate screening line for the x-ray of bags the first four benefits (above) do not exist. The good news is that you do not have to take off your shoes or sandals. And, if you are at the St Thomas airport, you have just spent time in the US Virgin Islands (and, hopefully, on St John) so what is there to complain about except you are going home!